Tuesday, July 26, 2011

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 22

Gianna:

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

If my two former co-workers can stop fighting over who will actually send me one of these, this is next on my reading list. Apparently it is some hardship for either of them to look up my address, which is still in the RH database by the way, not to mention my former boss lives 4 miles from my house. Oy. Also…I didn’t ask for this book, this was their idea to send me one. If this doesn’t come my way…I am going to read something by Glenn Beck. Then every evening I will leave Liz and Valerie a voice mail of my favorite passage from that day. Looking forward to reading Night Circus! [I have Gianna's address...I just don't really feel like going to the post office.  It's hot outside. Oh, and Gianna is supposed to make me brownies because her Cubs swept my Astros, so until I see those brownies I might avoid the post office indefinitely.  Bring on the Glenn Beck recitations!]

Liz

What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank by Nathan Englander
I'm currently reading for the Spring 2012 season and this collection of short stories is next on my list.  I'm a big fan of Nathan Englander's first two books (one story collection, one novel) and I've already read the title story for this new book.  It's outstanding.  Englander manages to balance hilarious and poignant moments in a few pages, and oh how I love his characters.  I am looking forward to finishing the rest of the book.  The rumor is that they're all excellent. 


1 comment:

  1. Can we assume the theme here is book you're most looking forward to reading?

    Mine just arrived and I just started; The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides.

    ReplyDelete