Wednesday, July 6, 2011

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 2

Day 2: Least Favorite Book

We usually try to play nice with the printed word, but the challenge demands we go dirty today and talk some smack about some books.  I'm not above reading the train wreck book; sometimes you just have to see how bad a book gets.  So here we go.

Gianna

The Bridges of Madison County (Waller)

I don't know why I read this but I did.  It's terrible. I don't care what anyone says, its just garbage. And yes I saw the movie; I can't explain myself so I won't even try, but the movie was the pits too. Frankly I don't like Clint Eastwood (except in those Any Which Way But Loose movies because I just love Ruth Gordon). [Gianna just wants to be cool.  Secretly she loves Bridges.  She has the movie poster hanging in her bedroom...so I've heard.  I don't actually hang out in Gianna's bedroom.]

Liz

The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin

HATE.  I HATE this book.  It was bad enough that I had to read parts of it for three different classes for my American History degree, but then some of my lit professors assigned it too.  I don't care if he was a founding father and I admire his inventive spirit...but I suspect that Ben Franklin was the smug asshole of the colonial scene.  He's so full of himself--blech.  Not a fan.


1 comment:

  1. Both of these books are awful. And I'd read them both again, twice, before I'd re-read Joyce's Ulysses.

    ReplyDelete