Gianna, who loves to hate:
I wish I could be a truly thoughtful or philosophical person and say that I never really hated a book. However, and to the disbelief of no one, I am not that person and have hated many books.
Liz, who hates to love:
Okay, I just sorted through my Goodreads list of books I rated one star. I think it's pretty safe to say that I hated all of these.
- A Wrinkle in Time--I tried to read this book about a dozen times when I was a kid. It's awful.
- Memoirs of a Geisha
- The Eyre Affair--This is how you take great books like Jane Eyre and destroy them for the sake of semi-clever plot twists.
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood--I'm embarrassed for all women everywhere for this trite crap.
- Scarlett--This was the first sequel to Gone With the Wind. It's straight up terrible romance.
- Riders of the Purple Sage--Yeehaw! Religious persecution! Racism! Cowboys!
- A Confederacy of Dunces--Again, blah. It's supposed to be funny, but it's not. Actually, "funny" books usually flop for me.
- The Final Solution--I loved the cover...and little else.
|Great cover. Better admired from afar.|