Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year, New 30 Day Book Challenge, Day 8

Today we are writing about overrated books.

Gianna:


 Freedom by Jonathan Franzen. Oh, and also anything else by Jonathan Franzen.

well...


LaMorte out!

Liz:

Okay then. I'm sitting in an airport and have 23 minutes of battery life on my laptop, so let's see.  Overrated: The Catcher in the Rye. Ooh, and I hated Case Histories by Kate Atkinson.  And I panned Yellow Birds a couple of weeks ago.  I hate The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and also pretty much all the Mark Twain I've ever read.  See, something like this is tough for me because I hold grudges against books (and people....many, many people).  Ooh, here's a crappy one that won a major award.  Let's go with this:


Hated it.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to hear this because I can NOT get through The Corrections to save my life! I liked Freedom but didn't love it. Didn't 'get' Catcher. Never read Twain but have no interest and started Dunces and HATED IT by page 20. Trying to read Anna Karenina now but damn it's slow. God help me.

    ReplyDelete