Thursday, July 7, 2011

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 3

Day 3: A Book That Makes You Laugh Out Loud

Gianna, showing her age:

Roseanne Roseannadanna's "Hey Get Back to Work Book" (Gilda Radner)

Oh my God how I love Gilda. I was sixteen, I guess, and man was that book exactly what I needed. Before that I tended to listen to comedy on records and this is the first book I really remember just absolutely thinking was hilarious. Still have a copy.

Liz:

Official Book Club Selection by Kathy Griffin

I don't usually laugh out loud anyway, and almost every book that claims to be funny is, well, stupid.  I do, however, have a soft spot for a few comedians and was unashamed to be excited that Kathy Griffin decided to write a memoir.  I love KG.  I drive a whole lot for work and listen to a lot of audiobooks, and Kathy Griffin's Official Book Club Selection turned out to be a delight as an audiobook.  I suspect that KG ad libbed quite a bit of the audio, but I did laugh (or at least snicker) to myself while driving from Mississippi to Texas one day.

1 comment:

  1. Love Gilda. Can't decide whether she or Flannery would love me more, but I'm convinced they'd both have loved me quite a bit. I'm the "Gene Wilder" type, if that's a type. Gene Wilder if he were bigger and harrier and less of a genius. Oh, frick, that's Robin Williams.

    Can't stand Kathy Griffin's comedy. Can't imagine that I'd feel any differently after reading this book.

    ReplyDelete