Saturday, July 20, 2013

Best Book of 2013 So Far: Liesl's Pick

Boulder Bookstore
Remember Liesl? She's the children's book buyer at Boulder Bookstore in Colorado. We interviewed her awhile back and yet she still responds to our email. Liesl has quite a few issues to address, including that she's pretty short, she reads kids books, and, well, she keeps answering our questions. Oh, and she makes a point of telling us when she goes to cool places on vacation, and that's just obnoxious. Still, we love Boulder Bookstore, so we're grudgingly featuring her pick today.

Here's Liesl Freudenstein's pick for the best book of 2013 so far:

The book I have is Life after Life, by Kate Atkinson.  It's the book I was really glad to have while I was sitting on a flight to Europe, so I didn't have to feed myself, or get my own beverage, or anything (except the potty stop, cause really you do have to do that by yourself!) except read this really stunning work.  I really didn't want it to end, either the flight or the book.  The nice thing was, there was a return trip, and the book DOESN'T really end!

No comments:

Post a Comment