Why we love Square Books:
1. Square Books is literally on the town square so you can't miss it - a big plus for Gianna and Liz as they are quite bad with directions. [If you're going straight, you're going North!]
|Off Square Books|
4. You may run into John Grisham...we did. Liz almost accidentally knocked him down the stairs. [...This is true.]
5. Owner Richard Howorth was a multi-term mayor and in that time we could park wherever we wanted! This isn't true but we did feel less nerdy than normal.
7. Square Books has had more great book signings than one can imagine. Here is a taste of past and upcoming signings: Jim Shepard, John Sayles, Ann Patchett, Andre Dubus III, Joe Hill, Michael Chabon, Jeffrey Eugenides, Paula Deen, Charles Frazier, Erin Morgenstern, Joshua Ferris, Mona Simpson, Rodney Crowell, Anchee Min, Karen Russell, Tea Obreht, Isabel Wilkerson, Joseph Ellis and Pat Conroy.
8. The wood floor actually creaks when you walk on it...we love this.
9. Square Books has a whole wing of their second floor dedicated to the Liz and Gianna Fan Club and they hold weekly meetings (this may be a future development...and we're willing to provide artwork. Call us!)
|Faulkner with his youngest fan.|