Here's why we love Murder By the Book:
1. These crazy bastards are passionate about books. Ask for a recommendation and you will get a honest answer. Lord knows they've never worried about hurting our feelings about books we've tried to sell them.... [Actually, they love all of my, Liz's, books. Gianna's, not so much....]
2. Shop here once and you will be convinced of two things: Independent Bookstores rock
McKenna is hot
|Hey McKenna, watch out for Gianna!|
4. They are of course a mystery book shop, but when the staff is really in love with a non-mystery you will know it (and so will the author)!
5. Two Words: Jack Reacher.
|...Not that Jack Reacher....|
|This is the Jack Reacher we love!|
6. These guys can party. For example, say you went to Vegas with one or more of the staff...chances are someone is going to accidentally get married (note to self... invite McKenna to Vegas).
7. These guys have their fingers on the pulse of what is about to explode; we will never forget the day at MBTB when we were told about how popular Harry Hole had become!
8. Store has only had to close a couple of times due to hurricanes...so you know...it's totally safe.
10. Some stores have employees. Murder By the Book, the staff is family--sometimes literally in the case of McKenna and her mom Brenda. They love working with each other, though, and it's obvious. And they open this family up to their customers and authors, too.
|Robert Crais hanging out with the MBTB family.|