Brazos Bookstore has a long and storied history of serving the Houston literary community. It's the place where Donald Barthelme and Larry McMurtry shopped for books back in the day. Located in one of the "cool" areas of Houston--on Bissonnet between Kirby and Greenbriar and close to the West University, Rice Village, River Oaks, and Museum District areas--Brazos is a destination bookstore for anyone visiting the Bayou City.
Why do we love Brazos?
1. The store has a history of hosting great authors. Like, Pulitzer Prize Winners and Nobel Laureates and Presidents.
2. Brazos carries a diverse selection of art, architecture, and photography books--one of the best selections in Texas.
3. Fantastic location for you hip kids and wealthy socialites.
4. Liz just lives a block away so you can visit her after your trip to Brazos. She hates this idea. Yep..I just doubled checked and she just hates this idea. Call for her address. [Do not call me. I hate this idea.]
5. How often is a store known for having a great poetry section?
7. The Houston community loves Brazos. When original Karl Killian was thinking about selling or closing the store, a group of passionate Brazos Bookstore fans came together to purchase the store and keep the tradition alive.
8. Two words: Open Bar. [Not really.]
|Gianna as Holden Caulfield, famous|
9. Did you know that Brazos has a Children's Book Section? They do! And they are focusing on the classic titles you want to give as gifts. Truly beautiful books.
|Liz as Ahab. Arrrrrr!|
10. The coolest Halloween idea we've seen--literary cut-outs created by one of their very talented booksellers!