|Now THAT's a|
10 Cool Things about Lemuria Books
1. Truly outstanding booksellers who aren't opposed to bribery. Keep them happy and they'll sell your books all damn day. (You feed the beast with a constant supply of good books.)
2. Lemuria has one of the most active, best bookstore blogs out there. Updated daily, there's always something interesting to read there.
|Chuck Palahniuk signing books|
4. John plays some..."interesting" music in the store. I think some of it is Mississippi Delta Blues. I think some of it is fever dream-induced and may cause seizures. (Admittedly, I--Liz--am not a music person.)
5. There's an amazing rare book room in the store....that Liz isn't allowed to peruse without constant supervision.
6. Gianna is June to Liz's Johnny, and this is our song:
7. Four words: Eudora Welty was here. It's hallowed ground.
8. Creative author events. These people know how to host a shindig and aren't afraid of the booze.
|Night Circus event, complete with circus tent.|
10. Cool things all over the store--from signed author pictures to original Barry Moser engravings to cool Rockwell Kent art. The place is a treasure hunt adventure and book lover's paradise.