Thursday, October 16, 2014

Texas Book Festival: Molly Antopol


I am just now realizing that over half the books of what will make up my year end top ten list will be represented at the Texas Book Festival. I think our blog and its three dedicated followers should get full credit. I’ll make t-shirts.

Now in paperback
The next author we are suggesting, nay, insisting you not miss this year is Molly Antopol, whose short story collection The UnAmericans is a stunner.  Long listed for the National Book Award (in a really impressive list of writers by the way) and a winner of the National Book Foundation’s 5 Under 35 Award, Antopol is, to say the least, a rising star.  Her beautiful writing and rich characters are what shot this book up my list this year.  If I had to compare her writing or maybe the feel of this book, I would choose The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht; they are both smart, moving, original books. You know what, if you're a Lorrie Moore fan, these stories are right up your alley too. 

Visit Molly Saturday October 25th in the : Capitol Extension Room E1.026 at 12:45 

Check out the full book festival schedule 

No comments:

Post a Comment